Tuesday 22 January 2013

Apology - and some words of advice.

I have to apologise! I have been so caught up in all my school work recently that I have no longer had the time to come on here and revise. Which is a shame! I was so organised at the beginning of my GCSE's and now I've slacked and have to pay the price! So if any of you who are reading this and are just about to begin your GCSEs then I hope if at least if you listen to me, then I would have made a difference as all my efforts to revise on this blog have kind of gone to waste..

Okay so here's my advice *note - if you are already half way into your exams then try your hardest and try and 'make it work!" i know anyone is capable of this! Especially you as you are actually interested in doing well! (Why else would you be reading this? huh?*
I recommend you try and work out your aims in life. Whether you want to be a lawyer, an actor or a mechanic! Think about it for a while... think about it now?! but if your meant to be revising for something now I also have some advice to stop procrastinating (I do this too often): Pretend your a robot with no feelings and get on with completing your tasks your human master has controlled you to do! It sounds absolutely ridiculous but it was actually one of the only things that worked for me! Too bad I found this out too late.. grrr... Or pretend your in a film and your character is at the overcoming point in the movie! Your character is completely motivated! Pretending to be something/someone else I find is helpful as it eliminates other distractions as you have metamorphosed into a new character! And this character is hard working, and only priority is to work hard! I hope some of this makes sense! *ahaha* BUT TRUST ME - I want you to try this now or as soon as possible whether it is 11am or even 4am! Remember if you ever feel depressed or hopeless TALK TO SOMEONE even if you annoy them *which I'm sure you won't* feeling this way will distract you from your work! Prove yourself wrong! Know you can get whatever grade you want! Just try hard. And remember that it's GCSE's and one day when you do your A-levels you'll feel bad as A-levels require MUCH MORE revision! Think positively though and don't bother getting nervous for the exam!
Don't let a mock dictate what you'll get in the exam.. I got a U in my biology mock and in the exam i got an A! I just tried my best!
Invision where you want to be in 10 years time (fancy job? nice apartment?) and know that in order to get the 'luxury' lifestyle ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS MEMORISE a few things! Imagine that!? All you need to do is work hard for this short period of time and then you'll hopefully get the 'ticket' to achieving your dreams!! Most adults would kill to be in your position right now!!!!!!

Finally, you need to know that not everybody that does well in GCSE's does well in life and not everybody that does well in life does well in GCSE's. Your GCSE's are only apart of a small part (actually i will correct myself - tiny part) of your life! But try your hardest! Please! And do it for yourself! Pressure from parents and teachers are lifted off your shoulders, you need to realise that GCSE's are just a little game that schools put us up to, to test us! Some people win the game and some lose, and some outsmart the game altogether! Win the game fair and square or outsmart the game, but this is risky (think about actors and singers).
If you think that your main passion is something else like music or art go for it! Put all your soul into what you love, that is the way people make it! If you decide not to try in GCSE's you must learn to take RISKS! But people who try very hard in their studies are shown to be more likely take risks in later life.

But you are smart! Don't ever doubt it! Now come on robot and get a move on! *wink*

From your fellow friend going through what you and thousands others are going through right now! You are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment